Click HERE to view our WINTER 2024 Newsletter
with Classes, Workshops, Events and More!
Classes and Workshops are offered at the Rockmart Cultural Arts Center.
Check our Newsletter to view detailed information on each class.
To sign up for a class or workshop, contact each instructor before the class. Their contact information is located in our Newsletter.
Meet Our Instructors and Studio Artists:
- Pottery with Paul Craighead (Teens - Adults) Tuesday 6:30-8:30pm; Wednesday10-11:30am and 6:30-8:30pm; Thursday 10-11:30am
- Children's and Family Pottery with Rene' Hardy - (Age 8-13) Monday - 5-6:30pm or Thursday - 5-6:30 pm throughout the school year
- Pottery Workshops with Rene' Hardy (Teens - Adults) Fridays 6-8 pm
- Pottery Workshops with Jen Weaver Fugelsoe (Age 8 - Adult) weekends
- Oil Painting - (Teens - Adults) Open Studio format 10 am - 1pm Thursday classes and Saturday workshops with Beverly Culver
- Beginning Drawing & Oil Painting - with James Hill (Age 12 - Adult) Monday 3:30; Wednesday 1pm or 3pm (1 1/2 hour classes)
- Oil Painting with Rachel Eichholtz (Age 16- Adult) Evening classes and Workshops starting in January 2024
- Watercolor Workshops with Candace McManus Starting in January 2024
- Children's Monday Art Classes - (Age 7-11) with Lily Green
- Home School Children's Art Classes - (Age 4-6) with Laura Padalik - 1st & 3rd Thursday 2-3 pm
- Home School Children's Art Classes - (Age 7-11) with Lily Green - 1st & 3rd Thursday 2-3 pm
- Home School Children's Art Classes - (Age 12- 18) with Christina Murphy - 1st & 3rd Thursday 2-3:30 pm
- Needle Felting Workshops with Hillari Knight (Teens - Adults)
- Fused Glass Workshops with Elizabeth Mobley (Adults)
- Stained Glass Workshops with Dana Helton (Adults)
- Mosaic Workshops with Dana Helton (Adults)
- Alcohol Ink Workshops with Margie Monde (Teens - Adults)
- Silk Hoop Workshops with Margie Monde (Age 10- Adult)
- Fiber Reactive Dye Workshops on t-shirts/aprons, etc. with Margie Monde (Adults)
- Polymer Clay Workshops with Anita Kennerley (Adult)
- Dotting & Cardmaking Workshops with Anita Kennerley (Adult)
- Botanical Printing on Silk Scarves Workshops with Anita Kennerley (Adults)
- Candlemaking Workshops with Sue Ritt (Age 8-Adult)
- Vintage Paint Parties - July - December with Tina Lanier (Teens - Adult)
- Book Club with Debbie Ross - 2nd Tuesday of each month 5-6:30 pm (Teen - Adults) - Free
- Chorus with Debbie Miller - Tuesdays 7 pm (Teen - Adults) - Free (Must sell 10 tickets for each performance)
- Sit 'n Stitch Group - 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month 10 am - 2pm Free - Bring what you are working on
- Quilting Classes with Dora Dryden
- Printmaking with Mary Cash
MORE classes & workshops added all the time
We encourage you to become an RCAC member to help keep our doors open.
Anita Kennerley is our Polymer Clay and Cardmaking instructor. Anita works in metals, fiber, paper and polymer clay. Her Saturday workshops are full of fun projects and lots of laughter.
Contact Anita at email@example.com
Beverly Culver is our Intermediate Oil Painting instructor and is one of our Studio Artists. She teaches oil painting on Thursdays from 10am - 1pm and also teaches monthly oil painting workshops on the weekends. Contact Beverly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-289-1837.
Candace McManus will be teaching Watercolor Workshops at RCAC starting in January 2024. She was a long time resident of Rockmart and instrumental in the Arts here before she moved to Tennessee. She has taught art for over 40 years and has received many awards for her work in watercolor. We are thrilled she will be teaching our weekend watercolor workshops and in Rockmart again!
Dana teaches our Stained glass and Mosaic classes.
Debbie Miller is the Director of our Rockmart Community Chorus. Chorus meets each Tuesday night at the Rockmart Cultural Arts Center and performs for the community several times a year. To join Chorus, contact Debbie at 404-219-9572.
Elizabeth Mobley is an experienced glass artist in the fine arts industry. She continues to learn the nature of fusing glass by experimenting, observing, and creating. She studied at The Glass Fusing Art School in Italy, and under several prominent glass masters. She is a resident artist at Rockmart Cultural Arts Center where she teaches fused glass classes. She also teaches at several other art centers. She has been the president of the Atlanta Glass Art Guild and is an education board member for Rockmart Cultural Arts Center. She offers private and group classes as well as Saturday workshops. Contact Elizabeth at email@example.com or 770-851-4431.
Feliciano Abaurre is an Argentinian potter working and living in Georgia since 2015. He is a production potter, and works with an electric and kick wheel, processing his own clay and some of the glazes. He has been always very curious about different cultures and their approach to ceramics. He has been lucky to have had a lot of mentors and teachers from different fields of the ceramic world. He lives in Dallas with his family and is one of our Summer Camp Pottery instructors.
You can find his work in his Facebook page: El Gaucho Virgen or Instagram:
Hillari Knight is our Needle Felting instructor. She is also the Cedartown High School Art teacher.
She teaches fun Saturday felting classes during the year. Contact Hillari at firstname.lastname@example.org
James Hill is our Beginning Drawing and Painting Instructor and one of our Studio Artists. He is also our Visual Arts Committee chairperson and helps hang artwork at the Arts Center, repair frames, and does art restoration.
He was born in Alabama and lived all over the U.S. He has lived in Rockmart since 1992 and used to have a carpet cleaning and restoration company as well as doing sheetrock and general repair work. Repairing carpet and more gave him an eye for matching color and details. He got interested in art in 1985 and after his wife died in 2011 he really got serious in painting and became affiliated with RCAC. To sign up for a class, contact James at 770-355-1535.
Lee Simpkins is one of our Studio artists. He is a woodcarver and painter and has won numerous awards. You can see him at work in his studio carving angels, Santas, and much more.
Lily Green enjoys working with watercolor, colored pencils and creating jewelry. She graduated with an associates degree in Fine Art from GA Highlands in 2016. Starting in 2024, she will be teaching our Home school Elementary and Monday Children's classes at RCAC.
Lisa Jones is our “Little Hands, BIG Art” summer camp teacher for four, five and six year olds. Lisa is a retired elementary teacher and taught K/1st for 29 years. She enjoys crochet and doing arts and crafts of all styles with her two grandsons.
Margaret Bearden is an artist, Rockmart resident, and Elementary School Art teacher who has been teaching young artists since 2006. "Mrs. B", as she is known to her students, loves to inspire children to make art in fun, creative ways such as transforming recycled items into art, or mixing many techniques and materials in a single lesson. Her 7-12 year old summer art camps are a great way for budding artists to enhance their drawing and painting skills, while also working in other media including paper mache, fiber arts, recycled materials, and collage. She also teaches Saturday workshops from time to time. For more information, please email Margaret at email@example.com
Margaret Jacobs directs our Theatre Camps and is our Performing Arts Coordinator.
Margie Monde is our Alcohol Ink, Silk Hoop and Egg decoration instructor. Margie is art faculty of Art at Shorter University, where she teaches painting, drawing, 2D design, digital art, graphic design, and art appreciation. Monde holds a Master's degree with a concentration in Studio Art from Cumberland Univ., near Nashville. She studied oil painting in Italy. Her professional experience includes graphic design, digital art, photography, and illustrations for NASA, and for NATO in Italy. Margie has worked as an assistant art director for a large printing company owned by a Native American tribe; and as a graphic designer and illustrator for an advertising agency. Her artwork has won many awards on a local and national level, and has appeared in numerous exhibitions and publications throughout the U.S. and internationally.
To sign up for one of her Saturday workshops, contact Margie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-767-5139.
Paul Craighead is our Pottery instructor. He teaches Open Studio Pottery on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays and offers occasional Saturday workshops and Raku workshops. To sign up for one of his classes or workshops, contact Paul at email@example.com or 770-843-5302.
Peggy Cline is the Director of the Rockmart Cultural Arts Center since September 2018. She also teaches RCAC's summer art camps and enjoys working with all the artists in our community. She grew up in the Atlanta area and her family has lived in Rockmart since 1995 on a small farm. She received her BFA from UGA, worked in advertising, then received her Art Education degree from GSU. Since 1990 she has taught K-12 Art in the Atlanta area in public schools, home school groups, art centers, and museums. Email her for more information on RCAC programs, events and classes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Eichholtz is our Homeschool Elementary Art Instructor and also in January 2024 will be teaching evening Oil painting classes as well as Oil painting workshops
Rene' Hardy is an award winning Georgia potter and she adds faces and characters to many of her special pieces. She is also an avid crafter and enjoys painting, jewelry making, crocheting and weaving cane chairs. She is our Monday Children's Pottery Class instructor; Thursday Family Pottery Class instructor from 5-6:30 pm; as well as Fun Friday Face Jug Pottery Workshops instructor. Contact her to sign up at email@example.com or 770-757-6449.
Sue Ritt offers hand poured candle making workshops and enjoys all types of crafts. Contact Sue for more information on private classes or workshops at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-710-6210.
Susan Duke Waters is our Papier Mache sculpture instructor and Plein Air coordinator. Susan was born in Bath, UK. She uses a variety of media, working in oils, watercolor, acrylics as well as clay and papier mache. Lately, she divides her time between painting portraits/figures and painting Plein Air - on location with oil paint. Her "O Holy Night" life size nativity has been popular with visitors when we had it on display here in Nov/Dec 2018 and Nov/Dec 2021. She also exhibits many of her paintings in our exhibits and Gift Shop. See more of her artwork on her website: s://susandwaters.com/
Tina Lanier is our Christmas Tree and more pottery painting instructor.
She is also owner of Now and Then of Rockmart.
"Like" us on Facebook! RCAC page.
More Workshop Events posted online all the time.